Sunday 20 April 2014

BEAUTY TALK FROM THE HOUSE OF RADIANCE BEAUTY STUDIO

Questions and Answers


Dear Readers,

Welcome to another beauty session.
I got questions in my mail from some of my readers. Although, I have replied the individuals respectively, I decided to put up those questions for others to equally read and perhaps apply to their lives as well. Your skin health is my priority.

Question: Does smoking really have a harmful effect on skin?

My Answer: Absolutely. Smoking is the second largest cause of skin damage (after sun exposure). Nicotine constricts the blood vessels in the face and decreases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the epidermis. Smoking also causes wrinkles around the mouth and eyes from repeated pursing of the lips and squinting.




CIGARETTE


Question: Will drinking eight glasses of water a day keep my skin moist?


My Answer: Not necessarily. This beauty myth has been drummed into our heads for so long that it’s hard to believe it isn’t true. But here’s a reality: Drinking plenty of water certainly keeps the body, including the skin hydrated, but the outermost (oldest) layer of skin is made up of dead skin cells, which don’t absorb water from within the body. Therefore the moisture level of the skin is affected mainly by the external factors, such as cold, wind and dry heat, and also by the number of sebaceous, or oil- producing, glands you have.





GLASS OF WATER 



Question: What causes puffiness and dark circles, and how can I get rid of them?

My Answer: Puffiness under the eyes occurs when you retain water and your under eye tissue swells. Dark circles indicate blood vessels or hereditary pigment. To reduce puffiness, look for an eye cream containing caffeine, which causes blood vessels to temporarily constrict, or shrink. You should also avoid salt and drink plenty of water. For a quick at-home, apply cool compresses (tea bags soaked in ice water or cucumber slices work well) and rest well with your head elevated for as little as 15 minutes or as long as overnight. To lighten dark areas, use a cream containing hydroquinone or kojic acid; both brighten hyperpigmented skin. To cosmetically improve the appearance of dark circles, apply eye creams that contain mica or light diffusing particles to make the skin seem lighter and brighter; if necessary, follow with concealer (I will teach you how to apply concealer in my future sessions with you). 





CONCEALER




















Question: Can I extract blackheads myself?


My Answer: Only if you are extremely careful. One false move and you could end up with an infected cyst. If you are desperate to take matters into your own hands. Do so after a hot shower, when pores are soft and dilated. Apply gentle, even pressure around the pore using a comedone extractor (available at drug stores). To clean off any residual bacteria, wipe the surrounding area with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol. This method works best for women using prescription Retin-A or an over-the-counter retinol treatment every day since those products draw blackheads to the surface of the skin. To avoid reinfection, remember to sterilize a comedone extractor after each use by placing it in boiling water for 10 minutes and then rubbing it with alcohol.


















I hope this was very informative. Please feel free to ask me as many questions as possible by leaving your comments below. I am here to help you with your skin and beauty needs.


Have a happy holiday! Happy Easter to my Christian readers. Till next week. I say good bye for now.


From RGO with love

Email address: thehouseofradiance@gmail.com

Facebook Page: House of Radiance

Twitter: @housofradiance

No comments: